PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Is responsible for procurement, replenishment and supplier management activities related to production materials and services from outside suppliers
- Is responsible for developing cost effective procurement solutions for material/services to support plant and customer requirements. Prepares recommendations based on data driven analysis
- Is familiar with commercial terms and total cost management concepts - price breakdowns, cost drivers, change management, etc.
- Drives continuous improvement activities in business processes. Works with engineering/suppliers to develop cost reduction strategy and achievement of cost savings
- Is knowledgeable of supplier processes and tooling to understand capacity constraints and manage volume fluctuations
- Works with engineering and other affected organizations to develop commodity and supplier strategies
- Some travel required, approximately 20%
- Performs other related duties as required
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering and/or related field
- 1-2 years of purchasing related experience in a manufacturing environment or demonstrated knowledge; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills
- Ability to build positive partnerships, while working cross-functionally as part of a team or independently
- Demonstrated the ability to organize, manage time and prioritize work to ensure deadlines are met
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in an ERP system driven environment (JD Edwards, SAP, Oracle, etc)
- Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Familiarity with the plumbing industry and products
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: 36142BR
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Masco Corporation is today one of the worlds largest manufacturers of brand- name products for the home improvement and new home construction markets. Masco is also a leading provider of a variety of installed products and services, including insulation, for homebuilders. Contact Info
- Corona, CA
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?