Pharmacy Buyer - Pharmacy, FT-Days, MHP
Show me jobs like this one
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
* Processes purchase orders and communicates with end-users and vendors to confirm/track orders
and report shortages and recalls.
1. Prepares purchase orders and verifies specifications of purchase orders. Follows-up on
outstanding orders, provides departments with back-order information, and offers alternative
sources when possible.
2. Obtains usage history of inventory stock items and determines ordering requirements.
Consults catalogs and vendors to obtain pricing/availability information.
3. Researches routine non-contracted organizational purchases.
4. Serves as an initial point of contact regarding inventory, invoice and vendor inquiries. Resolves
issues within scope of authority or escalates issues to appropriate resource.
5. Manages and maintains 340B autosplit program and inventory compliance.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive
judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful
environment and take appropriate action.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: None
Required Work Experience: 2 years in inventory management.
Memorial Hospital Pembroke joined **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. in 1995, adding 301 licensed beds and a wide range of clinical expertise to the system. New facilities and programs continue to be added, providing a wide scope of services such as:
• Bariatric/Weight-Loss Surgery Program
• Emergency Department
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Radiology and Imaging Services
• Memorial Ventilator Program
• New Vision Medical Stabilization
• Sleep Disorder and Sleep Study Center
• Urgent Care Center
• Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine
• Canadian Program
The Joint Commission has ranked Memorial Hospital Pembroke as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, and the hospital has received the Get With the Guidelines Gold Plus Award for Stroke by the American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.