Requisition Number: PB-12302
Area of Interest: Merchandising
Brand/Division: Pottery Barn
Position Type: Full-time
About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
About the Team
You will be a part of the Textiles buying team, responsible for building our marketplace assortment from the ground up. We take an entrepreneurial approach to sourcing and assorting product that will surprise and delight our guests. You will work directly with third party suppliers to deliver consistently fresh and new products straight to the consumer.
About the Role
In the Marketplace Coordinator role, you will be assisting the Senior Buyer in sourcing, assorting and buying a compelling offering of marketplace flooring. You will be responsible for vendor communication and interface, data entry and maintenance in all tools and systems, and the end-to-end process of discovering and launching new products.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
* Assist in the development and execution of product strategy
* Participate in ongoing competitive shopping and marketplace research to identify emerging product trends and new product categories
* Support Senior Buyer with preparation for market vendor appointments
* Attend market vendor meetings, recapping business and communicating product opportunities/needs
* Generate weekly sales reports and provide recommendations to the Senior Buyer on opportunities to improve performance
* Create and maintain all assortment tools
* Work independently and on a quick product-to-market timeline to consistently launch newness on the Pottery Barn website
* Identify trending product and make recommendations for further customer exposure through catalog and in store marketing
* Build strong partnerships with key cross-functional partners
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
* We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
* A technologically and data-driven business
* Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
* We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
* We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
* We get to be creative on a daily basis
* A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
* We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
* We have fun!
We're excited about you because...
* You have a Bachelor's degree, with 1-2 years of retail buying experience
* You are proficient in Microsoft Office and know your way around a pivot table
* You are a quick learner who can master new systems with ease
* You have knowledge of retail math and business metrics
* You are VERY detail oriented, organized and thorough
* You are excited to develop new ways of doing things and improve on existing processes
* You have strong verbal and written communication skills
* You enjoy diving into analytical data and making recommendations based on your findings
* You are a self starter with a sense of urgency who enjoys working autonomously and taking initiative
* You thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment
* You are positive, a team player, and eager to grow
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree, with 1-2 years of retail buying experience
* Proficient in Microsoft Office - strong Excel (pivot tables)
* Retail math and business metrics knowledge
* Tech savvy - likes working with systems
* Has Dropshipping experience
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Website : http://www.williams-sonomainc.com
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of home furnishings in the United States and Canada. Our brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We successfully market them through all three major channels — retail stores, catalogs, and the Internet.