Masco Cabinetry has an immediate opening for a Commodity Buyer at our corporate headquarters in Ann Arbor, MI!
Masco Cabinetry manufactures three nationally recognized cabinetry brands, KraftMaid®, Merillat® and QualityCabinets®. Offering an unmatched selection of stylish, high-quality products at a variety of price levels, Masco Cabinetry brands are favored by builders, dealers, distributors and home centers throughout North America. A leader in environmental stewardship, Masco Cabinetry products have been granted an Environmental Stewardship Program certificate by the Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturers Association.
Secures and analyzes quotations and conducts difficult negotiations with all levels of suppliers for the purchase of goods and/or services. Develops and implements commodity strategies to establish long-term sources. Serves as primary interface on all commercial matters related to suppliers.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead the development and implementation of global commodity strategies for direct goods
and services to derive the maximum value for the company.
• Develop and lead material cost management initiatives.
• Negotiate supplier contracts and make recommendations to management.
• Collaborate with Masco Corporate and other business units on cross business unit initiatives.
• Manage supplier performance, commercial relationships, and metrics.
• Motivate suppliers to bring forward new and innovative technologies.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, operations, business or related field.
• 5 years purchasing, supply or logistics experience in a manufacturing company.
• Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Demonstrated successful ability to build positive relationships and partnerships within
department and across the organization.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with internal and
• Proven negotiations skills.
• Ability to travel up to 10% including international.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Prior ERP experience (Oracle, SAP).
• Global sourcing experience with strong emphasis in Asia and South America.
• Ability to speak Mandarin and/or Spanish.
Full or Part Time:
State / Province:
Masco Cabinetry is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Masco Cabinetry is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English , Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English , Spanish
Masco Cabinetry is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, protected status as a veteran, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law.
Website : http://www.masco.com
Masco Corporation is today one of the world's largest manufacturers of brand- name products for the home improvement and new home construction markets. Masco is also a leading provider of a variety of installed products and services, including insulation, for homebuilders - See more at: http://masco.com/about/#sthash.kgZagB5Z.dpuf