**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
M55 - PR-Buyer I
HR Title Group:
Customer Service and Procurement
There are no direct reports with this position.
Under close supervision the Buyer I performs a variety of purchasing tasks. Employees in this job classification work closely with vendors, internal and external customers to process purchase orders and assure that supplies are received as ordered. This job class requires administrative skills, excellent customer service skills; and the ability to multi-task, problem-solve, and communicate effectively with others.
1. *Performs a variety of administrative duties and purchasing tasks in support of the Purchasing Department.
2. *Processes purchase orders for supplies where vendor is known.
3. *Verifies quantities and specifications and enters purchase order data into system.
4. *Contacts vendors to obtain order tracking or other details or to clarify information.
5. *Responds to telephone calls and emails from internal customers and provides order status information, or directs to appropriate person.
6. *Looks-up or searches for information using ERP or order tracking system and records or prints-out information for further action.
7. *Faxes, scans and copies documents in response to client, customer or vendor requests.
8. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
• One year of general office, data entry, or customer service experience, preferably in a warehouse environment;
• Ability to communicate effectively;
• Ability to follow instructions;
• Computer literacy to use business software, the Internet, enter data/retrieve data;
• Human relations skills to build effective working relationships.
High School Diploma or GED
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Viewing computer screen/monitor
• Utilizing keyboard
• Answering phone/making calls
Work is performed in a normal office environment with limited privacy and some exposure to background noise.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at ****.**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.