The Manager, Purchasing plans, directs or coordinates all of the purchasing activities for the Huntington / Burnaugh / Elkhart (HBE) organization, either directly or through subordinates, to positively impact the organization’s profitability. The positon is responsible for the Huntington supplies storeroom and coordinates with the Managers of the storerooms in Burnaugh and Elkhart facilities.
• Plan, negotiate and execute raw material strategies / purchases / contracts for the melt shops.
• Coordinate with Caledonian Alloys to maximize revert usage and purchases where beneficial for HBE.
• Plan, negotiate and execute energy strategies / purchases / contracts for the Huntington / Burnaugh & SMC NY facilities.
• Direct / coordinate with the Buyers all other purchases for supplies, equipment and services for HBE.
• Direct / coordinate the operation of the Huntington Storeroom / Receiving Department with the Storeroom Supervisor. Coordinate with the managers of the Burnaugh and Elkhart storerooms.
• Keep abreast of metals and energy markets, and other major supply items.
• Keep management team informed of market changes and other issues involving Purchasing / Stores.
• Act as Chairman of HBE Salvage Committee to dispose of surplus equipment, material & supplies to maximize the company’s Investment Recovery.
• Interface with other department managers to ensure Purchasing / Stores meet the needs of internal customers.
• Track and report expenditures and usage of raw materials and revert as required for management.
• Ensure Purchasing and Storeroom Departments maintain compliance with SOX and all other PCC requirements.
• Provide support to Sales, Scheduling and Accounting Departments for Production / Financial forecasts.
• Maintain professional image of PCC within the supplier community.
• Coordinate with Corporate Purchasing where required to benefit PCC & HBE.
• Accomplishes all tasks as appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• BS/BA is preferred in Business, Engineering, Materials Management, or other related field. Additional degrees will be considered if experience is relevant.
• 5 - 10 years in Purchasing / Materials Management or related experience.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• Possesses sound judgment and decision-making skills and the ability to contribute to business-related problem-solving.
• Broad understanding of all areas related to purchasing legal compliance.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to credibly and effectively communicate with and influence all levels of the organization.
• Customer focus.
• Creative thinking.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated job flexibility and knowledge.
• Knowledge of negotiation strategies and tactics.
• Perform all aspects of the position legally and ethically.
• The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to frequently remain in a stationary position with repetitive hand motions. Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, bend/stoop, push/pull, twist, climb, crouch, kneel, and reach. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, a computer, copy machine, and computer printer.
Work Environment – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the office setting with minimal exposure to climate changes, uneven surfaces, heights, and noise.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law. Additional Info Job Industries Customer Service