Sears Brands, LLC
The Associate Buyer takes ownership of a portion of the buyers overall business and manages the processes to achieve sales, margin and inventory turnover. Assists the Buyer in execution of processes and functions for the Buyers merchandise area. The Associate Buyer is responsible for assortment planning, product selection, vendor negotiation, and marketing of specific lines. This position reports directly to the Buyer and closely with the buyer, buying management team, merchandise planning team, promotional planning team, merchandise placement team and the merchandising support team to significantly improve the profitability and maximize shareholder value.
* Executes sales, margin and inventory plans for their assigned area
* Monitors and respond to issues and opportunities resulting from deviations in plan variances
* Maintains relationships with vendors and interacts with the vendor community within Sears standards and codes of ethics.
* Supports the development of customer driven assortment plans for their assigned area
* Supports buyer in executing defined lines
* Identifies and shops competition and makes product recommendations to the buyer
* Maintains knowledge base of industry and competitor market trends as it relates to their assigned business area
* Partners with the Planner to complete accurate forecasts, evaluating sales, markdowns and receipts
* Obtains samples and provides direction during advertising turns-ins and proofing
* Provides correct information and inputs for point of sale signage and maintains integrity of quality of signage for ease of store execution level
* Creates and inputs advertising plan
* Establishes collaborative relationships with placement to ensure availability and the timely delivery of merchandise
* Monitors and maintains promotional performance
* Manages and controls the markdown process and communicates variances to the buyer
* Analyzes sales trend, key items, vendor profitability and aged inventory and makes recommendations for driving improved performance
* Assists in the development of product and negotiation to include cost, subsidy and terms
* Performs other duties as assigned
Education Requirements: Bachelors Level Degree
Years of Related Experience: 3-4 years
Travel Requirements: None
Age Requirements: 18
* Merchandising, product and analytical skills
* Proficiency in the use of desktop applications and Windows-based programs
* Retail math literacy and application of concepts to daily operations
* Strong working knowledge of Assortment Planning, Clustering, SPRS, AdPlan, Frequency, MRE, Promotional Performance Reporting (AdEffect), SignRiter
Job ID: ******BR
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Management Corporation provides corporate services to Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD) and its family of companies, including Sears Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. Contact Info
- Hoffman Estates, IL
View Company Profile
Dont miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Sears Brands, LLC
Website : http://www.searsholdings.com
Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD) is a leading integrated retailer with almost 2,500 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada and the home of Shop Your Way, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through ShopYourWay.com. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, fitness equipment and automotive repair and maintenance. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, with a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, the Kardashian Kollection, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as Sofia by Sofia Vergara and The Country Living Home Collection. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 14 million service and installation calls made annually, and have a long-established commitment to those who serve in the military through initiatives like the Heroes at Home program. We have been named the 2011 Mobile Retailer of the Year, Recipient of the 2013 ENERGY STAR® " Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence Award" for Product Retailing and Energy Management and was named one of the Top 20 Best Places to Work for Recent Grads. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation.