Lockheed Martin Corporation
Job Description :
The ideal candidate will have multiple years experience procuring construction services and architectural and engineering services, as well as manufacturing equipment and plant maintenance services necessary for operation of a manufacturing facility. Compiles and analyzes data to determine feasibility of buying products and performs price analysis. Compiles information from periodicals, catalogs and other sources to keep informed in price trends and manufacturing processes. Confers with vendors and analyzes vendors' operation to determine factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules. Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up on orders placed, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records. Engages with internal customer to develop procurement solutions. May require infrequent travel.
• Experience negotiating contract terms, conditions and pricing
• Project management skills
• Experience issuing Requests for Proposal, analyzing bids, and subcontract management
• Experience using Microsoft Office
* Ability to work multiple tasks and deal with competing priorities
• Knowledgeable of Government Procurement Policies, Procedures, and Regulations
• Knowledge of Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA)/ Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) type fact-finding and analysis
• Successfully operate with little or no management oversight
• Ability to mentor less experienced employees
• Some travel required
• Flexible and adaptable, demonstrated sense of urgency
• Excellent organization skills
• Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
• Sound decision making abilities
• Ability to interpret policies/procedures and apply concepts.
• Must be able to work extended hours as necessary and work well in a team environment.
• Knowledgeable of Lockheed Martin Policies, Procedures, and Regulations.
• Experience with Relevant, SAP or similar MRP system.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment.
* Demonstrated experience implementing process improvements
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Fort Worth Texas
Security Clearance :
Business Unit :
ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Job Class :
Job Category :
Relocation Available :
Work Schedule :
9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2
Req Type :
Additional Posting Locations :
Apply to Job(s)
© 2018 Lockheed Martin Corporation Disclaimer
Lockheed Martin utilizes our own internal Talent Acquisition Organization to fill our employment needs. If you are contacted over the phone or e-mailed, by a company listing a Lockheed Martin job and requesting your personal information, allegedly on Lockheed Martin's behalf, please do not respond. Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
© 2018 Lockheed Martin Corporation
Powered by SmashFly
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Website : http://www.lockheedmartin.com
Our employees are the core of our business here at Lockheed Martin. As the leading global security & aerospace company—and the #1 IT provider to the U.S. government—Lockheed Martin is a 115,000 person-strong team working to support the U.S. and its allies in the research, development and sustainment of advanced technology systems & services worldwide. Specialties Aeronautics, Information Technology, Space Systems, Defense, Technology, Cyber Security Over one hundred years ago, on August 16, 1912, Glenn L. Martin established the Glenn L. Martin Company in Los Angeles, California. He started the company after building his first plane in a rented church, where he took a leap of faith on his risky but innovative new aircraft design at the urging of none other than Orville Wright. Four months later and four hundred miles away, on December 19, 1912, Allan and Malcolm Lockheed founded the Alco Hydro-Aeroplane Company, later renamed the Lockheed Aircraft Company. Talented mechanics, they set up shop out of a garage, constructing seaplanes that would shatter speed and distance records for overwater flights.