Working with general supervision, the Senior Category Buyer
works closely with business departments to research the marketplace, prepare complex, formal competitive bids and RFPs, analyze results and recommend awards in addition to handling informal bids and small dollar purchases, sometimes in an expedited manner. Associates in the role will be responsible for developing and implementing appropriate sourcing strategies to achieve the best cost, service and quality. They must have in-depth knowledge about the market for the assigned commodities and be able to identify the right suppliers and independently manage the end to end sourcing processes from RFx to contract closure. The associate will manage supplier relationships and will assist in maintaining supplier performance, review, and continuous improvements. Associates in the role will negotiate costs and other terms and conditions. Works internally and with suppliers to identify and drive cost reduction initiatives to meet cost/saving targets. Working in a team environment, the Sr. category buyer will work cross-functionally to ensure sourcing results meet business needs and resolve issues timely when they arise. Associate may interact with his or her supervisor several times a week, perhaps daily, to receive guidance and feedback. Some non-routine activities may require a supervisor's advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
• Work with business partners within GameStop's Store Support Center to develop requirements for necessary products and services
• Lead development of appropriate sourcing strategies for assigned categories and drive implementation
• Lead sourcing activities for assigned sourcing categories including RFQs, contract closure and business awards
• Identify qualified providers for required products and/or services with consideration to both domestic and off-shore vendors
• Negotiate with vendors and select providers to deliver cost-effective procurement solutions for cross-functional stakeholders throughout the organization
• Adhering to Total cost of Ownership (TCO) strategy
• Demonstrate contract drafting & thorough negotiation of contract terms and conditions
• Drive cost reduction initiatives to saving target
• Ensure procurement practices adhere to GameStop legal and compliance policies and guidelines
• Contribute to a work environment that encourages diversity, inclusion, and respect
• Manage relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization; adhere consistently with all organizational policies related to our respectful workplace
• Demonstrate a consistent commitment to field-focused service by prioritizing field-based requests, responding quickly and favorably to field-based feedback, by minimizing tasks, and proactively seeking ways to help store teams focus on customer service as productively as possible
• Work collaboratively with others within and outside of his or her function to achieve goals, simply processes, reduce costs, prevent loss, and to ensure that work is completed safely, accurately, and on time
• Model the high level of customer service expected of all GameStop associates including, but not limited to, responding to voice mails and emails within organizationally defined timeframes, completing projects as committed, responding to others' feedback appropriately, and making optimal use of organizationally limited resources by offering assistance to other functional teams when appropriate
• Model team commitment by adhering to the team's expectations and guidelines; fulfilling team responsibilities; and demonstrating personal commitment to the team by being cooperative, collaborative, and flexible
- Generates innovative solutions in work situations; tries different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
• Quality Orientation
- Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks.
• Cultivating Networks
- Initiating and maintaining strategic relationships with stakeholders inside and outside the organization (e.g., customers, peers, cross-functional partners, external vendors, and alliance partners) to advance business goals
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
• Accredited Bachelor's degree in business, finance, logistics, or a related field required; An additional two years of commensurate work experience beyond those required of all applicants may be considered in substitution
• 5 years of experience in indirect procurement and strategic sourcing
Certified Professional in Supply Management or Certified Purchasing Manager preferred
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Proficient relationship building skills, demonstrated by the ability to construct productive, sustainable cross-functional partnerships
• Proficient ability to directly sourcing materials and supplies, from both domestic and foreign sources.
• Proficient analytical skills and proficiency in the use of PC software tools for reports, analysis, audits, and presentations.
• Proficient broad and enterprise view of the business and its relationships to procurement and logistics
• Proficient understanding of essential leadership skills including, but not limited to, working collaboratively with others; providing, seeking, and responding favorably to feedback; identifying, developing, and retaining talent; bringing out the best in others; remaining focused on what really matters to the business, including shareholders, customers, and people; and making creative, courageous decisions in service to others
• Proficient situational analysis, negotiation, problem solving, and decision-making abilities
• Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities
• Expert ability to communicate with others of varying knowledge and responsibility throughout the organization by using spoken and written English
• Expert ability to handle stressful circumstances associated with an extremely fast-paced, rapidly changing business environment
• Occasional (less than 10%) International/Domestic travel to manufacturing/supplier sites is required.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Grapevine. Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process
Website : http://www.gamestop.com
GameStop Corp. (GME), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Grapevine, Texas, is the world's largest multichannel video game retailer. GameStop's retail network and family of brands include 6,544 company-operated stores in 15 countries worldwide. GameStop Corp. operates as a multichannel video game, consumer electronics, and wireless services retailer. The company sells new and pre-owned video game hardware; physical and digital video game software; pre-owned and value video game products; personal computer (PC) entertainment software in various genres, including sports, action, strategy, adventure/role playing, and simulation; digital products, including downloadable content, network points cards, prepaid digital and online timecards, and digitally downloadable software; video game accessories. it operated approximately 6,600 stores under the GameStop, EB Games, and Micromania names in 15 countries. The company, formerly known as GSC Holdings Corp., was founded in 1994 and is headquartered in Grapevine, Texas.