San Francisco, CA, United States
Manager, Product Management, Purchasing, Retail
Requisition Number: SS-14791
Area of Interest: Information Technology
Brand/Division: Shared Services
Position Type: Full-time
Group Product Manager, Merchandising Systems
About the Team-
We are a team of rock-star product managers hyper-focused on providing a frictionless shopping experience to our customers. We are looking for a Group Product Manager to join our growing Merchandising Systems Product management team in San Francisco, CA
About the Role
You will be a key member of our Merchandising Systems Product Manager team. You will shape the strategy and drive delivery of WSI's Omni Merchandising Systems. The individual in this role will collaborate very closely with technology partners. The ability to adjust strategies in a very fast-paced business environment is a must.
You are excited about this opportunity because you will
* Build a keen understanding of the omnichannel merchandising systems strategy and help define the product roadmap.
* Research market and industry trends and perform competitor product analysis.
* Clearly identify and measure KPIs for our Omnichannel Merchandising systems program. Develop measurement strategies using analytics and testing tools to drive ongoing optimization.
* Lead the definition, prioritization and scoping of initiatives related to site search and other product finding features.
* Serve as a liaison between Business and Technology teams to ensure digital solutions meet expectations and provide customer value.
* Collaborate with Technology partners to drive execution and iterative delivery of initiatives.
* Craft business requirements and user stories and support our architecture and engineering teams through solution design, development and testing phases of delivery.
* Support cross-functional teams by answering questions, making recommendations, providing training and supporting integration testing.
* Socialize a clear view of priorities and progress against a product roadmap with business partners and senior leadership.
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
* We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
* A technologically and data-driven business
* Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
* We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
* We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
* We get to be creative on a daily basis
* A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
* We believe in autonomy and reward taking the initiative
* We have fun!
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are excited for you because you have
* 5 or more years of experience in Product management in technology organizations. We welcome people with diverse experiences, but it is important that you identify as a product person.
* Ideally, you have Supply Chain domain experience in areas such as Vendor Profile Management, Cost Management, Shipment and Milestones and Inventory Costs (Estimated Landed Cost, Weighted Average Information) or omnichannel retail experience.
* RMS Oracle experience (a plus)
* You have stellar communication skills and an uncanny ability to lead and influence others.
* You have a point-of-view about how technology teams should engage to iteratively deliver value for the customer (ideally with Agile or Lean methodologies)
* Quality is important to you and that is evident in all that you do.
* You have strong analytical abilities and interest to use data and metrics to back up recommendations and drive actions.
* You have a strong drive towards execution; you're a can-do type of person and willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
* You are an avid online shopper yourself and have a point of view about how to build an engaging omnichannel experience.
* You have strong social skills and shown the ability to work with different teams harmoniously
About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier speciality retailer of high-quality products for the home. Our family of brands includes Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room, and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. In 2017, we acquired Outward, Inc., a 3-D imaging and augmented reality platform for the home furnishings and décor industry. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
Once you are here, you can look forward to a wide variety of benefits. Our corporate vision--to enhance our customers' quality of life at home--extends to the lives of our associates. To that end, we offer an extensive benefits package designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to keep you healthy, to prepare you for the unexpected, to care for your family and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here's a look at what you might be eligible for:
* A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels
* A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
* Paid vacations, holidays and other time-off programs
* Health benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance; health and dependent care tax-free spending accounts; medical, family and bereavement leave; same-sex domestic partner benefits; short- and long-term disability programs; life and travel insurance; an employee assistance program
* Tax-free commuter benefits
* A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
* In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University, LearnIt and AcademyX
* Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
* Quarterly sample sales
* A business casual work environment
* A bike share program
* Time off to volunteer
* Matching donations to qualifying nonprofit organizations
* Company-sponsored walks and runs
* Discounts on nearby gyms and other local businesses
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Website : http://www.williams-sonomainc.com/
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is a multi-channel specialty retailer of high quality products for the home. In 1956, our founder, Chuck Williams, turned a passion for cooking and eating with friends into a small business with a big idea. He opened a store in Sonoma, California, to sell the French cookware that intrigued him while visiting Europe but that could not be found in America. Chuck's business, which set a standard for customer service, took off and helped fuel a revolution in American cooking and entertaining that continues today. In the decades that followed, the quality of our products, our ability to identify new opportunities in the market and our people-first approach to business have facilitated our expansion beyond the kitchen into nearly every area of the home. Additionally, by embracing new technologies and customer-engagement strategies as they emerge, we are able to continually refine our best-in-class approach to multi-channel retailing.