Palm Harbor Homes
Seguin, TX, United States
Cavco Industries, Inc. was founded in 1965 and is a fast growing publicly traded company that is disrupting the manufactured home industry. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, Cavco is a leading designer and builder of manufactured homes, modular homes, commercial buildings, park model homes, and vacation cabins. We produce and sell some of the most widely recognized brand names in the industry including Fleetwood Homes, Palm Harbor Homes, Fairmont Homes, Friendship Homes, Nationwide Homes, Lexington Homes and Cavco Homes. The company’s insurance group, Standard Casualty, offers a wide range of insurance products for manufactured home owners and our finance subsidiary, Country Place Mortgage, offers a variety of homebuyer financing options. Our production footprint includes 20 manufactured and modular home factories across the U.S. We conduct business through more than 45 company-owned sales centers in addition to a vast network of independent retailers, community operators, builders and developers in 47 states, 6 Canadian provinces as well as Mexico and Japan.
In recognition of its innovation, quality, customer service, and long-term stability, Cavco Industries has been awarded the prestigious MHI Manufacturer of the Year Award for 7 consecutive years and was listed #13 on the Forbes list of 100 Best Small Companies. We don’t settle for the “status quo” and continually strive for excellence.
Our employees are our biggest asset and play an integral role in meeting the needs of our customers. Come be part of a team offering many opportunities to utilize your talents in an atmosphere that supports and encourages you to realize your full potential.
Come share our story and be part of building something amazing!
We are currently looking for a Purchasing Coordinator to join our manufacturing team located in Seguin, TX. The Purchasing Coordinator assists with activities involved with procuring goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts and supplies, as well as with purchasing inventory to meet production requirements and counting inventory.
What Is In It For You?
• Being valued for what you contribute
• Competitive wages
• Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
• Paid Vacation and Holidays
• Training & Development
• Collaboration/Team Work
• Reviews requisitions.
• Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
• Selects products for purchase by testing, observing, or examining items.
• Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
• Determines method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
• Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
• Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
• Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
• Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
• Approves invoices for payment.
• Verifies nomenclature and specifications of purchase requests.
• Searches inventory records or warehouse to determine if material on hand is in sufficient quantity.
• Types or writes invitation of bid forms and mails forms to supplier firms or for public posting.
• Writes or types purchase order and sends copy to supplier and department originating request.
• Computes total cost of items purchased.
• Confers with suppliers concerning late deliveries.
• Verifies bills from suppliers with bids and purchase orders and approves bills for payment.
• Expedites delivery of goods to users.
• Meets production requirements on a daily basis while controlling inventory levels with various lead times.
• Assists heavily with periodic plant inventory.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Beginner skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Windows and Outlook, AlphaMicro, touch typing (alphabetical), and 10-key by touch (numeric).
• Hazard Communication*
• Fire Extinguisher*
• Emergency Action Plan*
• Bloodborne Pathogens Awareness*
• Sensitivity Training*
• Office Ergonomics*
*All Employees receive training upon employment and at least annually.
Cavco Industries is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Palm Harbor Homes
Website : http://www.palmharbor.com/
For almost 30 years, Palm Harbor Homes has delivered quality, value, peace of mind and lasting customer satisfaction in beautiful and affordable homes. We are proud of the reputation we have earned as an innovator in design, construction and marketing of manufactured and modular homes under the Palm Harbor Homes, Nationwide Custom Homes and Discovery Custom Homes brands.