The Omni Senior Assistant Buyer will create a distinguished Bloomingdale's through buying merchandise in their assigned area to maximize sales and profitability of business across channels (stores and online). The Omni Senior Assistant Buyer will develop and implement strategy by vendor; partner with planning to analyze and react to sales trend while maximizing both store and web generated business. The Omni Senior Assistant Buyer will partner with existing vendors to curate a distinguished Bloomingdale's assortment across both channels as well as seek out new and differentiating vendors to satisfy customer demand in their assigned area of business. The Omni Senior Assistant Buyer will partner with planning to use standard reports and analysis to inform pre-season and in-season buying strategies as well as provide operational support to the buyers. This position is a developmental step for a buyer position.
• Merchant assignment with buying responsibility for a defined area within the Omni Buyers total area of responsibility;
• Drive assortment optimization that matches omni market demands;
• Develop vendor relationships and negotiate coop allowances;
• Collaborate with the planner to determine the Omnichannel vendor class plans, trend plans and gross margin plans;
• Prepare for market appointments and attend for owned business and where appropriate;
• Identify market trends and gain knowledge of competitive landscape in both channels;
• Support inventory reconciliation process.
• Identify and maximize financial opportunities/minimize liabilities on owned business;
• Analyze aged inventory reports and make recommendations;
• Prepare analysis to determine major brand and classification strategies for Omni DMM;
• Ensure all items are appearing on web;
• Assist the buyer in administration of online and offline logistics;
• Develop a smooth operational flow of all office functions with vendors, planners, RMM and store line;
• Reconcile on order / re-order/ RTV’s with receipt plan;
• Complete business recaps with direction from the buyer;
• Set up order sheets and make PO changes in order sheets;
• Coordinate with other SAB’s, AB, MA’s in the division to maximize productivity and distribute workload.
• 4 year College Degree required;
• Minimum of 1 year prior assistant buying experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical and strategic abilities.
• Keen sense of trend and industry knowledge;
• Strong PC skills;
• Flexibility in responding to changing priorities.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Website : http://www1.bloomingdales.com/
Bloomingdale's, a leader in department store fashion, serves customers through 40 stores in 12 states. It focuses on upscale fashion apparel and home-related goods, with an emphasis on distinctive merchandise offerings. Known worldwide for its fashion sense and merchandising savvy, Bloomingdale's helped launch the careers of many now-famous designers. Among them are Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and Donna Karan. New designers are being showcased today at Bloomingdale's and could well be the stars of tomorrow. Bloomingdale's is led by Chairman Michael Gould and President Tony Spring.