Georgia Department of Transportation
Under supervision, provides professional level category support in a variety of procurement activities. Provides assistance in on - going category and vendor performance management.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES:
Coordinates procurement operations for a department/unit. Develops bid packages, initiates and manages bid process according to established procedures, professional standards, and award orders. Manages bid challenges according to procedures established by DOAS and employing agency. Interviews vendors to obtain information concerning products, price, delivery, and payment terms. Establishes and maintains maintenance, lease, service and other contracts. Researches and evaluates new supplies and equipment, and reviews bid proposals from vendors and awards orders. Performs general clerical/secretarial duties to assist in office operations.
The selected candidate must meet the advertised minimum qualifications to include State Entry Qualifications as well as Agency Specific Minimum Qualifications.
STATE ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS:
• Associate's degree in business administration, public administration or a directly related field from an accredited college or university
• OR Two years of experience in a purchasing environment providing support in collecting bids, completing procurement documents and related functions.
• Note: Some positions may require certification.
• Note: An equivalent combination of education and job specific experience that provided the knowledge, experience and competencies required to successfully perform the job at the level listed may be substituted on a year - over - year basis.
AGENCY MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Possesses experience using purchasing cards or purchase orders for supplies and materials.
• Possesses experience performing mathematical calculations.
• Experience using computer word processing, spreadsheet, and/or database programs in the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Understands and interprets written material, including rules, regulations, instructions, reports, charts, graphs, and tables.
• Applies what is learned from written material to specific situations.
• Demonstrates the ability to research, gather, organize and analyze technical data.
• Possesses the ability to resolve or mediate purchasing problems.
• Possesses the ability to work independently with assigned purchasing projects.
• Demonstrates the ability to use purchasing software to prepare and maintain purchase orders.
• Ability to review forms to determine that standards and specifications are met.
• Ability to evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
• Ability to prepare purchase orders, solicit business proposals and review requisitions for goods and service.
• Ability to assist in the development of standard specifications.
• Ability to maintain and reviews computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance, and inventories.
• Ability to research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support and the supplier's reputation and history.
• Committed to providing quality customer service.
• Demonstrates good communication skills with the ability to express ideas and facts to individuals or groups effectively.
• Uses correct English grammar, punctuation, and spelling to communicate facts, ideas, and messages in a succinct and organized manner.
• Produces written information that is appropriate for the intended audience.
• Displays a high standard of ethical conduct
• Possess the ability to make sound and well informed decisions.
• Knowledge of organization and functions.
• Possesses strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to recognize opportunities to aid in the achievement of department goals and objectives. Possesses the ability to adapt work methods in response to new information, changing conditions or unexpected obstacles.
• Ability to adapt to change in work assignments and priorities.
• Must be self-motivated and results oriented.
• Ability to perform market research to assist in developing bid specifications.
• Ability to conduct pre-bid conferences/meetings.
AGENCY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Three years of experience performing procurement responsibilities (i.e. developing bid packages, review bid proposals, etc.
• Possess the Georgia Certified Purchasing Associate (GCPA) certification.
• Experience in a governmental procurement setting.
• Experience using PeopleSoft Financials and/or or equivalent procurement software.
• Experience with electronic bidding processes.
• Experience using the Team Georgia Marketplace (TGM) system.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL GDOT JOBS
The interview is just one part of the overall selection process and is not the only criteria used to make the final selection. In addition to the interview, the final selection is based on the applicant's work history and performance (documented in HR and/or Office files), PeopleSoft/employee status (i.e. rehire code), employee performance reviews, personnel file review (HR & Office Files), criminal background check, employment reference checks (including references and commendations from Managers and other relevant documentation) and, for supervisory positions, demonstrated leadership skills based on past and current work history will be considered.
Good Employment Standing:
In accordance with the Interview and Selection Process (ISP), an applicant must have no active disciplinary actions to be in good employment standing. Actions that may disqualify an applicant include letters of reprimand (active for 12 months after issuance date); suspension without pay or disciplinary demotion (active for 12 months from the effective date); Performance Improvement Plans (PIP) and Leave Restriction Plans (active until 12 months after the date of conclusion). In addition, an employee must have an overall ePerformance rating score of three (3) or higher on their most current evaluation. Please note that Memorandums of Concern are not considered disqualifying factors. Human Resources may remove any employee from consideration for selection who is pending a disciplinary action; however, if the action is resolved in the employee's favor, he or she will be allowed to compete.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE CHECK AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR
CONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED.
UPON PROMOTION, THE SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL RECEIVE 10% or THE GDOT JOB SPECIFIC MINIMUM SALARY, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
THE GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Associate's degree in business administration, public administration or a directly related field from an accredited college or university OR Two years of experience in a purchasing environment providing support in collecting bids, completing procurement documents and related functions. Note: Some positions may require certification. Note: An equivalent combination of education and job specific experience that provided the knowledge, experience and competencies required to successfully perform the job at the level listed may be substituted on a year-over-year basis.
Georgia Department of Transportation
Website : http://www.dot.ga.gov
The Georgia Department of Transportation (Georgia DOT) consists of approximately 4,300 employees under the leadership of Commissioner Keith Golden, P.E. Georgia DOT plans, constructs and maintains Georgia’s state and federal highways. We’re involved in bridge, waterway, public transit, rail, general aviation, bike and pedestrian programs. And we help local governments maintain their roads