Reports To: Purchasing Manager
Primary Function: This position is responsible for the clerical functions of the Purchasing Department. Functions in a fast-paced, dynamic environment which requires both reactive and proactive skills. The ability to quickly and efficiently handle multiple tasks is essential. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required. Requires intimate knowledge of the Oracle database purchasing application.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Balances and maintains vendor consignment inventories.
• Purchases necessary items for departments to keep plants running efficiently.
• Shops to obtain best price for all items purchased. Obtains quotes from vendors for the best price and delivery. Negotiates pricing once obtained.
• Helps departments maintain two-bin system to operate at best levels.
• Files and organizes purchasing documents and scan to network storage locations
• Reviews and resolves invoices that do not match purchase orders.
• Delivers goods to plants using forklifts, hand trucks, hand lifts, and other methods.
• Resolves vendor issues.
• Perform physical inventory counts as needed.
• Helps in warehouse with receiving, delivering, and inventory cycle counts as needed.
• Complies with company and departmental policies and procedures, including company’s attendance policy.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Able to read and comprehend English.
• Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages.
• Able to lift and carry up to 50lbs. occasionally.
• Able to communicate effectively with co-workers.
• Able to use Microsoft Office applications.
• Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• 1 to 3 months of training or experience.
• OSHA forklift certification.
Normal Working Conditions
• Works under general direction and infrequent supervision, planning details of procedures and methods to attain definite objectives. Makes decision within broad limitations of policies and within accepted standards.
• Occasional standing, walking, driving, using hands to handle or feel, reaching above shoulder level, reaching below shoulder level, stooping or squatting, pushing or pulling, and crawling required.
• Frequent sitting, talking and hearing required.
• Occasional work required in outdoor or weather conditions and areas with loud noise.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
PCC Structurals is committed to a diverse workforce. As Equal Opportunity Employer, VEVRAA Federal Contractor, affirmative action employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Status/VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC Structurals desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 503-652-3512 for assistance. PCC Structurals is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor committed to providing priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please visit www.eeoc.gov
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law. Additional Info Job Industries Customer Service