Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Purchasing Agent - Good Pay & Benefits!
Thos. Somerville Co.
, a large Mid-Atlantic plumbing/HVAC wholesale distributor is searching for a talented Purchasing Agent
Thos. Somerville is a solid 154 year old family owned company with 401k, competitive salary and benefits package.
General responsibilities include product acquisition, inventory management, data management.
Key areas of responsibilities:
• Create and expedite purchase orders
• Manage inventory, both at branch and DC level
• Perform customer service functions for our branches
• Vendor logistics analysis and optimization
• Providing critical support for the distribution center and operations in achieving a high-level of on-time-delivery performance for inbound purchase orders.
• Negotiating and establishing meaningful and reliable lead times from suppliers.
• Developing and maintaining supplier quality and service performance to a level that exceeds established target service level.
• Managing purchase price variance goals by managing system pricing to create accurately priced orders.
• Managing and controlling inventory levels for the company by routinely reviewing and updating supplier lead times, item safety-stocks and other system-related inventory parameters.
• Monitoring, managing, and recommending changes to system costs.
• 3 or more years experience in Purchasing/inventory management preferred.
• Systems-driven with a strong emphasis on customer service, analytical methods and cost reduction.
• Strong negotiating skills and work well in a multi-functional team environment.
• Strategic out-of-the-box thinker, willing to recommend changes and suggest lower cost alternatives.
• Proven cost savings experience.
• Comprehensive knowledge of automated purchasing functions (ERP Systems)
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent organization and planning skills with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, service oriented environment.
Preferred, but not required:
• Previous industry experience in warehousing, distribution, wholesale with multiple locations/products
• Supervisory experience is a plus
• Proficiency in Excel
Please include salary history and expectations in your response.
Please Apply On-Line Below!
Option 1 of 3: Registered Users
If you are