Requisition Number: PK-13359
Area of Interest: Merchandising
Brand/Division: Pottery Barn Kids
Position Type: Full-time
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
Come build a home with us.
Assist Buyer and/or Associate Buyer with developing business strategies and seasonal assortment plans to maximize the development of the brand, sales and profits for a department or assigned area. Identify opportunities and recommend new product or concepts for department. Coordinates information across functions working closely with Design, Inventory Management, Ecommerce, Sourcing, Allocation, Production, Creative Services, Packaging and Visual to ensure the process is followed and timelines met. Handles visual signage (new, specials, markdowns). Coordinates in-store collateral, online copy and image assets, photo samples and assortment tools. Attends and participates in Design, Inventory and Allocation meetings. May manage one program or small department.
* Correspond with functional areas. Resolves, handles and escalates difficult issues to Buyer, Call Center and Stores
* Provide Merchandise Coordinator with product information (facts, pricing) to create Product Information sheets.
* Summarize and communicate merchandising information for store newsletters and emails. Coordinate with Store Operation for disseminating information through appropriate channels.
* Work with Visual to create signage and in-store collateral. Provide Visual with product information (facts, inspiration, pricing). Coordinate the development all signage (new, special, markdowns) and all in-store collateral.
* Communicate pre-ticketing instructions to Sourcing and Production. Provide Inventory Management with pre-ticketing prices.
* Provide Merch Coordinator with product information (facts, pricing) to create Product Information sheets.
* Assist the Buyer with developing the seasonal assortment plans (line lists) to define product requirements for Design.
* Assist Buyer and Inventory Management to provide Sourcing and Production Management with purchase quantities, delivery dates, flow and exit strategies for initial cost and production negotiations for new programs.
* Assist Buyer with providing Inventory Management with final assortment plans (line lists), product details, target retails, estimated IMU, importance to overall assortment (big bets) and floor plan location for developing purchase projections and buy plans. Update document and ensure accuracy.
* Investigate and respond to field issues. Coordinate communication strategies with Store Operations. Provide appropriate merchandising information for Store Newsletters.
* Visit stores and contact field management to gather information on product and issues.
* Analyze market (domestic) and provide observations of market to Buyer for market analyses.
* Identify and recommend new products or business opportunities.
* Make recommendations to assist Buyer with developing seasonal and core product mix for department or area.
* Participate in the development of annual and seasonal financial plans.
* Recommend floor layouts to Buyer.
* Assist Buyer and Inventory Management with determining appropriate adjustments (markdowns, delivery changes and quantity changes) to the plan to maximize sales, profits, budget (OTB) and to protect the brand. Recommend contest ideas and coordinate awards and in-store collateral.
* Assist Buyer with providing information to Visual on in-store promotion strategies and placement of markdown goods.
* Handles escalated customer service issues.
* Provide SKU information to Merchandising Operations for input.
* May be responsible to manage and oversee small department or area.
* Works with the Visual Packaging team to deliver on time artwork to the vendor. Approves artwork and/or works with Protective Packaging team to create packaging for easily damaged items.
* Purchase order tracking (once goods have left the port).
* Work with Production Manager/Sourcing to insure timely delivery and/or changes to delivery.
* Responsible for approving catalog proofs and online copy for each season (pricing, naming, copy).
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* BA/BS required
* Previous experience in a retail buying office, or a related experience.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or sponsor an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Website : http://www.williams-sonomainc.com
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of home furnishings in the United States and Canada. Our brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We successfully market them through all three major channels — retail stores, catalogs, and the Internet.