Johns Manville International
Johns Manville is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of MRO Purchasing Agent located in Grambling, LA. This position creates purchase orders, obtains quotes and places orders for goods and services to maintain adequate inventory levels for consistent plant operations. In performing the purchasing function, must strive to meet guidelines associated with purchasing and inventory. Works closely with the plants Maintenance and Finance Departments.
* Responsible for purchasing of all maintenance parts, maintenance services, and MRO functions for the plant
* Supports and promotes safe practices and environmental commitments in alignment with company commitments, policies, and compliance requirements
* Follows all company policies and procedures when ordering material and services
* Work closely with Corporate Purchasing to ensure utilization of National Contract pricing. Preferred Vendor selection and their support of plant issues and needs
* Arranges vendor contracts, negotiates best price, and observes quality of purchased materials
* Maintains and develops favorable supplier relationships
* Accepts and scrutinizes vendor bids or proposals
* Ensures that materials, equipment, and supplies are ordered and delivered in a timely manner
* Maintain proper inventory levels of assigned purchase categories to optimize working capital
* Reconciles invoices with purchase orders ensuring proper billing
* Prepares report of purchasing activities and performance
* Resolves any problems related to payment for purchased items.
* Oversees the operation of the plant storeroom including the receiving of goods, providing organized storage, replenishing stock items, and maintaining an accurate inventory
* Partners with other departments to identify and implement cost reduction and continuous improvement opportunities as they relate to MRO functions
* Bachelor's degree
* 3-5 Years' of manufacturing purchasing experience
* Basic computer skills are necessary in the position
* Experience with ERP systems SAP preferred
* Self-motivated / able to work in an unstructured environment
* Relentless pursuit of operational and professional excellence
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Jobs by State
Want to be a sponsor?
Johns Manville, a Berkshire Hathaway company (NYSE: BRK.A, BRK.B), is a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium-quality products for building insulation, mechanical insulation, commercial roofing, and roof insulation, as well as fibers and nonwovens for commercial, industrial and residential applications. JM serves markets that include aerospace, automotive and transportation, air handling, appliance, HVAC, pipe and equipment, filtration, waterproofing, building, flooring, interiors and wind energy. In business since 1858, the Denver-based company has annual sales of approximately $2.5 billion and holds leadership positions in all of the key markets that it serves. JM employs approximately 7,000 people and operates 45 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe and China.