San Francisco, CA, United States
Requisition Number: WS-14348
Area of Interest: Merchandising
Position Type: Full-time
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
This position is responsible for executing business strategies set by Director, DMM. Create direct purchase assortment plans to maximize sales and profits. Identify opportunities to transfer Williams-Sonoma branded products to drive margin and profits for the division.
* Manage department's direct purchase and transfer assortments.
* Procure and manage assigned department's seasonal purchases.
* Analyze sales trends for recommendations on assortment purchases and pricing strategies.
* Identify and recommend new business opportunities to drive future growth.
* Communicate weekly selling updates and mark down recommendations.
* Select seasonal and core product assortment for assigned departments.
* Collaborate with Brand Merchants and Brand Partners for transfer products.
* Create and maintain merchandising assortment plans for assigned departments.
* Execute SKU creation and SKU updates for all OT departments.
* Ensure and update systems of Outlet prices as per Outlet Strategies.
* Execute our liability product process for assigned departments to align with monthly OBT.
* Provide Allocation Team final assortment plans and product details.
* Correspond with functional areas to resolve difficult issues on product quality issues, re-ticketing issues, or customer service needs.
* Provide SKU information to Merchandising Operations for input. Ensure timely SKU set up. Develop seasonal and core product mix for department area and communicate annual and seasonal strategies to cross-functional areas.
* Provide Inventory Management with final assortment plans (line lists), product details, target retails, estimated IMU, importance to overall assortment (big bets), flow to DC and floor plan location for developing purchase projections and buy plans.
* Provide information to the field on in-store promotion strategies and placement of markdown goods. Correspond with functional areas.
* Resolve ticketing issues with Avery, vendor and field.
* Investigate and respond to field issues. Coordinate communication strategies with Store Operations. Provide appropriate merchandising information for Store Web.
* Analyze market (domestic) and provide observations of market to Buyer for market analyses.
* Assist Buyer with providing information to Visual on in-store promotion strategies and placement of markdown goods.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* BA/BS Required.
* Previous experience in retail merchandising or degree in merchandising preferred
* Advanced Excel skills
* Advanced Retail Math skills
* Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
* Ability to work in fast-paced, often-changing, flexible environment
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Global Business Acumen -- Understand the complexity of business on a global scale. Embrace cultural and individual differences with empathy. Work with the nuances of specific local cultures to make informed decisions.
Strategic and Analytical Capability -- Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively. Effectively translates data into actionable insights, strategies and financial plans.
Leading Teams -- Attracts, develops and motives the talent needed for current and future business requirements. Articulates an inspiring vision for the future, establishes high performance expectations and sets example through own behavior. Ensures alignment of individual goals with overall business objectives. Coaches team members to success and holds individuals accountable for achieving results.
Drive for Results -- Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality. Demonstrates high initiative and provides leadership in a project-oriented environment.
Effective Communication -- Communicates clearly and effectively with associates at all levels, board members, external partners and customers. Strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences.
Influence and Collaboration -- Builds and sustains collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the company. Able to work through complex disagreements and conflict to achieve resolution. Builds trust by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams focused on the success of the entire company.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Website : http://www.williams-sonomainc.com/
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is a multi-channel specialty retailer of high quality products for the home. In 1956, our founder, Chuck Williams, turned a passion for cooking and eating with friends into a small business with a big idea. He opened a store in Sonoma, California, to sell the French cookware that intrigued him while visiting Europe but that could not be found in America. Chuck's business, which set a standard for customer service, took off and helped fuel a revolution in American cooking and entertaining that continues today. In the decades that followed, the quality of our products, our ability to identify new opportunities in the market and our people-first approach to business have facilitated our expansion beyond the kitchen into nearly every area of the home. Additionally, by embracing new technologies and customer-engagement strategies as they emerge, we are able to continually refine our best-in-class approach to multi-channel retailing.