Sr. Manager Trade Merchandising
LOCATION: RI - Providence
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Regular
JOB CATEGORY: Sales and Retail Merchandising
Senior Manager, Trade Merchandising
Provide strategic planning and tactical direction when developing point of purchase displays and merchandising programs for all Hasbro Brands based on shopper and consumer insights while coinciding with Hasbro corporate initiatives.
* Manage an annual budget of $14 million for Point of Purchase Displays and $24 Million for Corrugate Merchandising Programs which generates over $175 million of revenue.
* Lead a team of five merchandising specialists plus three graphic designers.
* Collaborate with Sales, CSM, Marketing, and Retailers to define the go to market strategy on all Merchandising Programs.
* Provide strategic vision to enhance the in store experience and lead execution on all out of aisle opportunities - pallets, endcaps, sidekicks, check-lane, seasonal, etc…
* Leverage Corporate Strategies to meet the goals set by the Consumer Strategic Marketing teams.
* Analyze the performance on key merchandising initiatives to evaluate return on investment.
* Collaborate with sales, marketing and consumer insight team to communicate the power of Hasbro Brands in all Point of Purchase programs.
* Continuously explore new vendor opportunities to drive innovative merchandising solutions.
Function: The Sr. Manager of Trade Merchandising primary function will be to lead and manage Hasbro's retail brand strategies and objectives in a way that is translated to an engaging and inviting shopper experience with an eye towards fiscal responsibility. Working with the objectives set in the global brand strategy (and retail toolkit), this individual will create and command a cohesive and actionable category retail merchandising plan for the items, brand(s) and account(s) as assigned, leveraging the best thinking from the competitive environment (and other Hasbro markets) realizing synergies in execution.
These plans include but are not limited to pallets, sidekicks, merchandising destinations, interactive displays, in-store signage, dioramas, displays and shelf talkers. The Sr. Manager (reporting into the Retail Activation Sr. Director) will work with Hasbro's Sr. VP and VP's of Marketing and Sr. VP and VP's of Sales along with their teams to leverage the inherent synergies of both functions and will work directly with our Account team's, Marketing, Visuals, and Store Operations departments to ensure seamless execution. The specific focus for this position is on our (top) retail accounts and growth channel customers.
In addition to the major responsibilities the Sr. Manager is also responsible for the following leadership functions:
* Develop individual performance plans to assist in growth opportunities.
* Recruiting, Training and development of Trade Merchandising Department.
* Development of budgets and forecasts
* Adherence to financial plans
* Vendor Topline Negotiations
* Development of Cost reduction plans in merchandising.
* Design innovation to be incorporated throughout all merchandising projects
* Development and communication of departmental programs and procedures
* Project Management for all aspects of retail merchandising programs from concept to execution. Fully responsible for negotiations for best pricing, timing and customer service from vendors
* Responsible for creating, developing, approving, organizing and implementing all brand specific POP program and strategic initiatives at retail. Coordinate all the information provided to merchandiser organization for retail execution
* Work with selected vendor and primary category contacts in the design and production of merchandising programs. Responsible for meeting all Hasbro, Licensor and Retailer safety as well as legal requirements. Partner with internal customer replenishment teams to ensure the POP and product delivery coincides
* Vendor management: selection, negotiations, direction, coordination, program execution
* Manage the budget for all merchandising programs
* Manage internal databases to support Access, Anniversary Plans, Product Data Sheets, Milestones, Budgets, Portfolios, Timelines, Vendor Inventory Report, Launch Kits, merchandiser website, etc. Also maintain accuracy of purchase orders, vendor invoicing, quotes and POP inventory in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley Requirements
* Work with Customer Marketing and Sales to provide the needed expertise to strategically manage customer accounts.
* Provide continuous feedback to Customer Marketing, Senior Management, Sales, Marketing, merchandiser field personnel, retail analysts, and vendors on all related merchandising programs, special projects, launches and field communication
* Act as liaison to the brand teams in the coordination of strategic initiatives
* Act as the customer point of contact in the communication and planning of all in-store POP for Hasbro brands. Execute Account Specific displays as needed
* Participate as needed in internal and external meetings, trade shows and vendor visits
* Stay abreast of current merchandising trends across categories to incorporate innovation into our merchandising programs. Lead within the industry.
The Sr. Manager will be focused on managing and leading the delivery of high quality design and production of merchandising material, with a commitment to communication and seamless execution with our customers. The Sr. Manager will need to operate in a fast moving environment where the ability to handle multiple priorities successfully is paramount.
To be successful in this role, will require the following experience:
* Strong leadership, training, and development skills.
* Financial/Quantitative Analysis with ROI and budget maintenance
* Strong project management abilities; capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints and within budget parameters.
* Expertise in transforming a strategy and vision into actionable plans.
* Expertise in developing world class, leading edge merchandising solutions for retail
* Well developed, verbal, written and presentation skills.
* BA or BS ideally in business or related subject or
* 10+ years of retail/merchandising experience or consumer products experience.
* Retail Marketing/Merchandising experience
* Computer Skills (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
* Project Management
* Interpersonal Skills
* Strong Verbal and Written Communication
* Motivation to others and a Self Starter
* Team Player
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World's Best Play Experiences. From toys and games to television, movies, digital gaming and consumer products, Hasbro offers a variety of ways for audiences to experience its iconic brands, including NERF, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, LITTLEST PET SHOP and MAGIC: THE GATHERING, as well as premier partner brands. The Company's Hasbro Studios and its film label, Allspark Pictures, are building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Through its commitment to corporate social responsibility and philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to make the world a better place for children and their families. Learn more at www.hasbro.com, and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews) and Instagram (@Hasbro).
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
BUSINESS UNIT: US Sales & Marketing
Website : http://www.hasbro.com
Funskool is India’s leading toy manufacturing company promoted by MRF group. Funskool started its commercial operations in the year 1988 and has state of the art manufacturing facilities at Goa sprawling an area of 70,000 sq.ft and 50,000 sq. ft factory at Ranipet. Funskool has been pioneering the concept of quality and safe toys in India and raised the standard of the toys quality in the Indian Market. The company’s mission is to influence the parents to spend on toys that enable every Indian child to grow with quality toys that contributes to their mental development. Funskool has one of the largest ranges of toys in India