We are currently seeking a buyer with a minimum of 3-5 years procurement experience in electronics manufacturing. Under supervision of the Purchasing Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the procurement, physical inventory and expediting of electronic components, raw materials, and services. The candidate will manage suppliers to ensure optimal pricing, cost efficiency, quality improvement, on-time delivery, inventory management and lead time reduction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Complete ownership of the procurement process to include creating requisitions, ensuring on-time delivery of required materials and including, but not limited to, ordering, expediting and material rejection returns.
* Assist in planning material needs for production.
* Research possible sources for requested items, provide alternatives or substitutions when applicable and assist internal departments with select requirements.
* Monitor and communicate supplier performance for delivery, quality cost management and other measurements as defined.
* Work with stock room personnel to ensure that production kits are underway and completed.
* Work with Manufacturing to monitor and correct all supplier non-conformance issues.
* Run and analyze material requirements, production work orders and shortage reports on a daily basis.
* Work with Vendors and internal departments to resolve discrepancies in pricing, late or missed deliveries and other matters that interfere with on time delivery. Assist AP to resolve invoicing and pricing issues.
* Monitor materials inventory to ensure complete availability of packaging supplies and contents. Maintain cost effective inventory levels.
* Regularly maintain and update supplier database, contact information, purchase price & lead times.
This summary position description is not intended to include or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position is a regular frequent point of contact and requires good customer service capability and communication.
* 3-5 years relevant experience in electronic component purchasing in a manufacturing environment
* Knowledge of electronic active and passive component types, values, packages, and basic specifications preferred
* Experienced in Excel and Quickbooks or other ERP software systems
* Must be able to work independently and effectively coordinate multiple tasks and changing priorities/interruptions.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?