SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position is a materials/supply chain representative for the Tampa ST site. As such they are responsible and accountable for all Site service/supply chain metrics. This person will be looked upon to lead continuous improvement efforts in their area of responsibility.
Provide Production departments with realistic plan in order to meet customer demands considering forecast, actual orders, and lead times.
Places purchase orders for a variety of commodities, materials, and supplies; works from requisitions, drawings, and specifications; checks quantities required, when required and probable consumption; issues purchase order to approved supplier and schedules delivery.
- Develops production schedules and capacity plans, with the result of excellent customer service and low inventory levels. Also offers input on resources to complete production plans both short term and long term.
- Manages finished goods (FG) inventory, with the result of adequate inventory to service customer needs in reasonable time, maximum inventory turns, and the minimization of obsolete inventory.
- Manages respective raw materials (RM) and Work in Process (WIP) inventory at optimal levels to service the requirements and maximize production efficiencies. Manage the logistics of the product pipeline from vendors to suppliers to distribution centers.
- Provides input to overall WIP/RM and FG inventory levels for plant financial plan and then manages to meet the plan throughout the year.
- Modifies schedule to accommodate problems/delays in production requirements; communicates with Production Departments to resolve various issues with schedule changes.
- Places orders with vendors that are on the approved vendor listing and schedules delivery.
- Follows up and expedites to ensure delivery of orders placed when needed.
- Serves as a liaison between suppliers and plants stakeholders.
- Seeks opportunities to reduce or eliminate waste via JIT programs, cost containment, simplification, standardization and scrap disposal
- Follows 21 CFR Part 820, ISO 13485 and standards.
Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation
Education required/preferred: Bachelors Degree preferred (preferably in business, supply chain management, or engineering field).
Experience: At least 1-2 years in manufacturing or related field.
Preferred Skills/Qualifications: Continuing education through APICS, CPIM, or other professional association. Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Other Skills: Good written and oral communication skills, able to analyze, prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: ********
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health (NYSE: CAH) is a $103 billion health care services company that improves the cost-effectiveness of healthcare. As the business behind healthcare, Cardinal Health helps pharmacies, hospitals and ambulatory care sites focus on patient care while reducing costs, improving efficiency and quality, and increasing profitability. Contact Info
- Riverview, FL
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.cardinalhealth.com
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a $103 billion health care services company that improves the cost-effectiveness of health care. As the business behind health care, Cardinal Health helps pharmacies, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories and physician offices focus on patient care while reducing costs, enhancing efficiency and improving quality.