Whole Foods Market IP, L.P.
Order, replenish, and merchandise cheese and participate in regional program for purchasing and promotions. Perform all functions related to breaking down deliveries, moving back stock to floor, and merchandising new products and stocking shelves. Assist Team Leader in organizing and developing promotional displays, maintaining back room, and providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
- Provide excellent customer service and address needs of customers in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure a fresh and appealing display by keeping shelves and displays clean and well stocked by front-facing, checking codes, rotating, and removing out-of-date products.
- Understand why our products are different than conventional stores and explain differences to customers.
- Replenish cheese through proper buying procedures.
- Ensure orders for cheese are timely and accurate to monitor inventory turns.
- Ensure that product mix meets varied customer dietary needs and requests.
- Find placement for all new products belonging to your category or categories.
- Participate in regional and national sales promotions.
- Build displays according to movement, promotions, profitability, value, and Regional guidance.
- Sample department products to customers.
- Oversee customer special order procedure.
- Analyze and control product transfers, waste, and spoilage.
- Support Leadership in conducting inventories.
- Maintain financial profitability by meeting and exceeding margin and sales targets.
- Assist in training and developing Team Members on product knowledge.
- Maintain accurate department signage and pricing.
- Stay informed by reading daily communication log or department updates from Leadership.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable US, UK or Canadian regulatory rules and regulations, Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Make sure sweep logs and sanitation logs are completed when applicable.
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized working and shopping environment.
- Support global, regional and store programs.
- Answer department telephone calls and pages quickly and with excellent phone etiquette.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of cheese and specialty products in cutting, production, and taste
- Familiarity and/or willingness to learn about products, nutritional information, and other areas of study
- Working knowledge and application of all cheese merchandising expectations within the department with a specific focus on attention to detail
- A desire to grow with the specialty team
- Ability to sell proactively
- Ability to perform physical requirements of a position that requires a great deal of lifting, stacking of boxes and repetitive cutting of the cheeses
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow team members, customers, and vendors
- Ability to educate team on product knowledge and convey enthusiasm
- Strong demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Strong basic math skills
- Knowledge and ability to use computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and ordering systems
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in recognizing and accomplishing all tasks where there is a direct job responsibility
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Passion for natural foods and products
- Use of tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency
Desired Work Experiences
- 1 year buying/merchandising experience
- 1 year cheese or grocery experience
- Customer Service Focus
At Whole Foods Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Whole Foods Market IP, L.P.
Website : http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com
Who are we? Well, we seek out the finest natural and organic foods available, maintain the strictest quality standards in the industry, and have an unshakeable commitment to sustainable agriculture. Add to that the excitement and fun we bring to shopping for groceries, and you start to get a sense of what we’re all about. Oh yeah, we’re a mission-driven company too.