BAE Systems plc
Job Description General responsibilities include conducting moderate to complex procurement actions for various government programs in accordance with the prime contracts, FAR, DFAR, company policies and CPSR requirements. The individual should be able to analyze purchase requisitions; initiate RFQs/RFPs; review bids; select vendors; negotiate terms, conditions, and pricing of materials or services to be procured and issue/manage subsequent purchase orders utilizing CostPoint.
Other duties will involve, but not be limited to:
- Processes and completes complex purchase orders; determines prices from available vendors which meet cost and quality guidelines; places orders.
- Conducts negotiations with suppliers to obtain products at the best quantity and cost in order to ensure end-users needs are met; negotiates delivery, terms and conditions, and pricing. Identifies future procurement opportunities to further procurement strategies.
- Coordinates with accounts payable to resolve any problems in order to ensure prompt payment and avoid delays to end user; coordinates with receiving departments to resolve receipt problems promptly so as to not cause any delay to end users.
- Solicits suppliers/vendors for materials/products/services through formal Requests for Services (FRS) and/or Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and informal channels. Conducts complex negotiations on terms favorable considering quality, delivery, and prices; receives and evaluates proposals, quotations, and bids for acquisitions.
- Maintains communication with suppliers during course of procurement action in order to ensure timely delivery in compliance with the requirements of the procurement document. Establishes relationships with new suppliers and develops new supply sources.
- Plans and coordinates the procurement of materials, products/services and equipment necessary for the operation of the business unit or assigned projects. Recommends changes to existing standards; ensures suppliers/vendors adherence to industry standards, technical quality standards, and other corporate/business unit driven expectations.
- Analyzes bids for specification compliance, prices, delivery commitments and past performance. Recommends revisions or process improvements to meet company needs.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
Typical Education & Experience Typically a Bachelors Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and Education Required Skills
- Bachelors Degree and four years of relevant work experience
- Good understanding of procurement operations and practices
- Ability to be proactive and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment is required
Preferred Skills and Education
- 8 years of experience working in Department of Defense (DoD) or DoD contractor procurement administration environment or in a regulatory compliance role.
- 8 years of Ship Repair experience.
- Defense industry experience (i.e., FAR and DFAR) is strongly Preferred
- Ability to work closely with management and Procurement personnel, as well as cross-functionally with other departments
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills, detail orientated and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge and experience with Excel, Word, Adobe PDF, & Outlook
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: 37676BR
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing around 83,400 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. We provide some of the worlds most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 83,400 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure. Contact Info
- Jacksonville, FL
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
BAE Systems plc
Website : http://www.baesystems.com/
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing around 88,200 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.