Job Description: The responsibilities of this position require previous purchasing experience and use of a Materials Requisition Planning system. The Purchasing Agent places purchase orders and negotiates price and delivery schedules for all production-related materials including, printed circuit boards, and custom fabricated materials and a range of electronic components. Material costing for sales quotations and a variety of inventory control tasks are performed or coordinated by the Purchasing Agent. The position requires frequent interaction and coordination of information with Planning, Production, Customer Service, Engineering, and Quality control. Pricing and material specifications information changes require independent judgment and action.
- Purchasing materials from suppliers (65%)
- Managing open orders IE: reschedule report, and past due items (20%)
- Quality issues (10%)
- Quoting materials costs for products (5%)
Education and Experience:
- Purchasing experience in a directly related industry is preferred
- Direct experience in using an MRP system, maintenance of a P/N system, and knowledge of material
- costing for customer quotations is desired
Knoweledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills
- Tact, discretion and persuasive skill is often required to obtain cooperation to achieve business
- Basic computer skills
- Problem solving skills
Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Requirements: Employees who handle PCBs or any sensitive components are required to wear ESD protection at all times. The ESD devices must be tested before use.
*Please Note: Critical functions of this job are defined above. However, they are subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Cirtronics Corporation is an ITAR registered corporation. Candidates must be able to demonstrate upon hire that they are either US Citizens or lawful Permanent Residents of the US.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?