Buyer position will be located on the Central Campus.
The Procurement Department is responsible for the procurement of goods and services for **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., while adhering to all State and College guidelines. This position will be responsible for the following to include, but not limited to, public competitive bidding and evaluation process, review and approval of NC E-Procurement requisitions, issuance of purchase orders, maintenance of procurement files, assist college departments with inquiries and issues, etc.
Responsible for interpreting, administering and explaining federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines governing procurement activities for the College. Assist in writing specifications for the creation of public solicitations for goods and services needed by the College. Interaction with department personnel to process purchase orders through the state’s electronic procurement platform. Review College’s contracts to ensure compliance with terms and conditions of the state of North Carolina.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Interprets, administers, and explains college policies, federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines governing procurement activities to college personnel ensuring compliance.
2. Assists college personnel with writing specifications for the creation of public solicitations for goods and services.
3. Assists college personnel with the bidding and evaluation process according to federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines and will serve as the liaison between college personnel and bidders.
4. Assists with the CPCC Procurement Card (P-card) and Fuel Card processes and Procurement reports, as needed.
5. Utilizes NC E-Procurement and Colleague to approve and process purchase orders with accuracy and according to all federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines.
6. Assists College Departments on the Procurement procedures to ensure compliance.
7. Assists with E-Procurement set up and college’s vendor file maintenance.
8. Maintains Procurement records and contract files as required.
9. Assists with Procurement’s required reports and ordering of departmental supplies through the NC Statewide Term Contract.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
Knowledge of College rules, regulations and procedures
Familiarity with the College chart of accounts
Knowledge of federal and state procurement laws, regulations and guidelines
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, administrators and vendors
Knowledge of budgetary policies, procedures and accounting principles
Ability to make sound judgments and provide sound guidance
Strong computer skills
Strong organizational skills
Strong written and oral communication skills
Strong customer service skills
How to Apply
Please apply online at cpcc.edu/humanresources/employment
CPCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.