North Kansas City, MO, United States
Purchasing, Operations, Manager
Bowlmor AMF, the world's largest Bowling and Entertainment corporation, is looking for a Purchasing Manager
to join our team in New York City.
If you are a driven, motivated professional seeking a challenging and rewarding position with a fun company and great work environment, apply today!
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for all category management activities for Operations, Facilities Maintenance and CapEx.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This role will encompass, but not be limited to, the following duties and responsibilities:
· Develop category strategies and define commodity-level and supplier cost reduction targets, ensuring key financial metrics are achieved on an annual basis
· Implement supplier performance strategies that ensure ongoing cost improvements, on time delivery, quality and service
· Track internal opportunities and research/track market trends to Identify sourcing opportunities that realize cost reductions and reduce the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of materials and services
· Develop trusting relationships with Bowlmor business operations, stakeholders, and suppliers and lead cross-functional committees to ensure effective collaborative sourcing decisions are made that satisfy requirements of internal stakeholders
· Continuously improve procurement function processes and remain abreast of existing and emerging procurement and contract management technologies, processes, products, services, and leading industry performance benchmarks
· Work with IT and operations to utilize appropriate technology to efficiently manage contracts, run sourcing events, reduce TCO, and source data for analysis
· Direct procurement and contracting governance
· Coach and conduct performance management activities for team: supervise and mentor, and develop Sr. Purchasing Analyst and Purchasing Specialist.
While the list below is not comprehensive, and actual activities will vary, below is an indication of types of activities that can be expected in this role:
· Regularly interact with and manage relationships with vendors and internal stakeholders.
Recurring / Periodic:
· Review contract/vendor listings and identify upcoming expiring contracts and potential sourcing opportunities.
· Review key spend categories and top vendors to identify cost savings and sourcing opportunities.
· Develop RFPs and manage all RFP process activities from initiation to contract negotiation and award.
· Develop and maintain reports to monitor and track vendor KPIs and savings.
· Hold quarterly business reviews with top suppliers and key internal stakeholders.
: The ideal candidate for this role is a motivated self-starter who excels at working in a dynamic, fun, service oriented environment and possesses the following qualities:
· Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to build productive cross-functional relationships and implement change.
· Ability to manage an extensive portfolio of vendors.
· Expertise with managing RFQ/RFP activities and negotiating vendor pricing.
· Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability to manage multiple concurrent ongoing projects/initiatives.
· Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex subject matters in a clear/concise manner.
· Strong business acumen with financial management knowledge and business operations insight / expertise.
· Able to both think strategically as well as perform detailed analytics.
· Ability and willingness and to coach and develop department staff.
: Candidates should be technology savvy, with an awareness of procurement technology best practices. Specific qualifications include:
· Ability to navigate various procurement platforms/data sources.
· Familiarity with JD Edwards/Oracle.
· Operational knowledge of e-sourcing.
· Excellent MS Office skills, including the use of Excel and PowerPoint.
· Basic VBA coding and/or SQL database querying/reporting knowledge and experience is a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree and 7 - 10 years of experience in strategic sourcing and cost reduction strategies.
· Corporate procurement category management in a hospitality environment or relevant consulting/BPO experience (e.g. A.T. Kearny, Accenture) is preferred.
ABOUT BOWLMOR AMF
As the largest owner and operator of bowling centers in the world, our powerful portfolio of brands includes Bowlmor Lanes, AMF, Bowlero, as well as Brunswick’s, Brunswick Zone, and Brunswick Zone XL.
Currently we are experiencing HUGE growth and bringing on new concepts to our portfolio which has created a demand for candidates like you. Imagine joining a team where our #1 job is to make sure that our guests are having a GREAT time…and where YOU will as well!
Bowlmor AMF is the leader in bowling and entertainment, offering innovative recreation, dining and world-class service at our distinctive entertainment centers located across North America.
We are an entertainment company – bowling, fresh food, amusements, cocktails, events, parties, memories. That’s what we do.
Website : http://www.amf.com