We are recruiting for a strong Quality Engineer for an International Industry leader. This position is based out of Sacramento managing selection, quality control and auditing for the North America region. The Ideal candidate will have strong purchasing experience in a production environment.
· Assist with the selection, quality control and auditing of the company’s US based suppliers.
· Support controlling the quality (ISO/IRIS) processes, including performing internal audits and taking the lead in improvement programs.
· Manage non-conformities with suppliers and travel to their third party locations in case of critical quality problems.
· Make 8D-reports to manage client non-conformities.
· Communicate and share project knowledge with other departments to support project workflow.
· 3 years’ experience in Purchasing, Supply Chain or Project Management.
· Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent education and experience preferred.
· Experience in purchasing/ supply chain/ project management in a production environment preferred.
· Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to think critically and problem solve.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.