Milwaukee Valve Company
, a leading manufacturer of flow control products, is currently seeking a full time experienced Senior Buyer. This individual will report to the Director of Domestic Purchasing at the Prairie du Sac location.
Under the direction of the Director of Purchasing, the Senior Buyer is responsible for the procurement of material and parts as well as outsourcing operations not done in MVC manufacturing facility.
Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to.
- Analyze ERP data ensuring the parameters are correct and sending accurate signals.
- Execute purchases based on EPR suggestions to support customer needs.
- Work closely with manufacturing and sales groups to modify purchase orders as required.
- Participate in daily huddles and other project meetings as required.
- Balance product availability while maintaining inventory goals.
- Solicit quotes and negotiate prices.
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers.
- Travel to suppliers as needed to perform audits, solve problems and maintain good working relations.
- Monitor suppliers delivery and quality performance.
- Work closely with the quality assurance group to ensure material compliance with specifications.
- Collect and analyze market information to understand cost drivers.
- Interpret drawings and communicate with suppliers on a daily basis.
- Adhere to ISO 9001 and 14001 procedures.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Oral communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; listen, ask for clarification and respond well to questions.
- Problem Solving/Analysis - identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem solving situations; develop alternative solutions; use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Organizational and time management skills - manage work flow and multiple demands.
- Financial management - basic understanding of cost accounting; ability to set annual base standard price of material.
- Professionalism - approaches people in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - observes safety and security procedures; report potentially unsafe conditions; use equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keep commitments; complete tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in a supply chain, engineering, manufacturing or other related area
- 3-5 years professional experience in purchasing or applicable field
- CPSM or CPIM certifications are a plus
- Experience with DoD procurement is a plus
- Strong negotiations skills required
- High level of skill with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- ERP/MRP experience required
- Basic keyboarding skills are a necessity
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, suppliers and peers.
Be able to do buy vs make analysis using basic costing analysis. Understanding of engineering drawings, dimensions and tolerances.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. Specific vison abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Milwaukee Valve offers a complete benefits package including, Health and Dental care, Flexible Spending Plan, as well as paid time off and Holidays. We also offer a 401(k) Retirement Plan. Salaries are based on education and/or experience.
Milwaukee Valve is a Drug Free work place; all applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment drug screening and physical capabilities testing.
Apply on line
at; **********************. Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to;
Milwaukee Valve is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Milwaukee Valve Company
Website : http://www.milwaukeevalve.com