Globus Medical, Inc.
The Vice President of Logistics and Supply Chain will be responsible for all aspects of the Globus Medical s logistics function and will oversee its logistics and inventory management efforts. This person will also lead the company s supply chain, with responsibility for order planning, placing orders to satisfy the company s needs, and managing relationships with in-house manufacturing and external vendors. This individual should have the ability to evaluate emerging technology and implement changes and enhancements as needed for day-to-day operation. This person will need to work with other departments in a cross-functional environment. The leader in this critical role must be a team player with the ability to function well in a challenging and fast-paced environment. To be successful, he/she must also be enthusiastic, positive, even tempered and have strong skills in areas of dependability, interpersonal relationships, flexibility and maturity. This individual should have had previous experience in supervising teams in a comparable functional area.
Primary Responsibilities Supply Chain
* Responsible for all aspects of the company s sustaining purchasing and launch departments to ensure timely product launches, zero backorders and cost reduction.
* Work closely with product development function to ensure that product launches are conducted in a timely and orderly manner while always striving to get the best price possible. Ensure gaging requirements are defined and ordered in a timely fashion to support in-house and vendor manufacturing.
* Oversee the monthly forecasting and order planning process to ensure accurate inventory quantities to avoid stock out and excess inventory.
* Manage vendor relationships. Negotiate and execute vendor agreements with contract manufacturers, service providers, and raw material suppliers.
* Ensure that Globus Medical receives quality parts from its vendors.
* Ensure that Globus Medical has adequate prospective vendors in the pipeline. Coordinate the qualifying of prospective vendors in accordance with company procedures.
* Follow sales trends, inventory level, vendor deliveries on a daily basis.
* Review and update standard operating procedures for purchasing department functions including RFQ, forecasting, audits, purchasing, order processing, inventory management.
* Use analytical tools and metrics to evaluate supplier performance and make sourcing decisions to avoid backorder and ensure on time launches. On a monthly basis, report on key KPI s for service levels of vendors including backorders, OTD and Ave. Days late.
Primary Responsibilities Logistics
* Oversee the company s customer service, inventory receiving and inspection, set building, product returns and inventory management functions.
* Automate and introduce new technology to improve efficiency wherever possible. Evaluate new technology such as RFID, Barcode, Vision Systems, Vision Inspection to make enhancements to current processes.
* Oversee in-house finished goods inventory and maximize utility and efficiency of the storage system.
* Work with product development function to set guidelines for fixed asset planning and utilization.
* Manage instrument maintenance and repair department.
* Responsible for in-house sterile manufacturing, including facility planning and oversight.
* Oversee any/all satellite Distribution Centers presently EDC (European Distribution Center)
* Foster a continuous improvement process geared toward improving internal operations in terms of efficient utilization of resources and assets.
Other Primary Responsibilities
* Hire, train and develop all department personnel.
* Follow all procedures outlined in Globus Medical s quality policy and make sure that the department is in total conformity with the FDA and other government agencies.
* Make recommendations on policies and procedures that will enhance the overall effectiveness of the supply chain and logistics functions for the company.
* Assist with facility planning.
* Special projects as assigned.
* At least 5 years experience in supply chain management in a fast paced environment in a supervisory/management capacity.
* Familiar with Operations Excellence methodologies in a Supply Chain and Internal Operations capacity.
* Bachelor s Degree in business, management or other related area required.
* Should have extensive experience in Purchasing. Experience should include inviting tenders and quotations, negotiating with vendors/manufacturers, auditing vendors and conducting follow up.
* Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Willingness to travel as needed.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE M/F/D/V
Globus Medical, Inc. is a leading musculoskeletal implant manufacturer and is driving significant technological advancements across a complete suite of spinal products. Founded in 2003, Globus’ single-minded focus on advancing spinal surgery has made it the fastest growing company in the history of orthopedics. Globus is driven to utilize superior engineering and technology to achieve pain free, active lives for all patients with spinal disorders.