Flow Polymers, LLC
Collaborates with the Director of Purchasing to work closely with vendors, maintaining positive relationships while negotiating pricing and deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following however, other duties may be assigned.
* Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and select best source consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements. Negotiate and manage long term pricing agreements on critical commodities.
* Review purchase order requisitions for completeness and clarity. Obtain necessary missing information where required. Diplomatically instruct requisitioners or specifiers on what data is necessary to obtain good product.
* Complete purchase requests with domestic and international suppliers by inputting purchase orders, expediting deliveries, and verifying all transactions.
* Review acknowledgements with purchase orders and resolve any discrepancies with the supplier to the best possible advantage for the organization
* Handle correspondence concerning over-shipments, delivery shortages, changes in quantity, delivery dates, and prices and report such changes to the interested parties in a timely manner as required.
* Act as a liaison between suppliers and involved departments to resolve procurement related problems.
* Process non-conforming material requests and RMA requests with supply chain partners.
* Authorize payment for purchases by reviewing invoices and related documentation.
* Maintain appropriate inventory levels consistent with targeted inventory goals and as set by management.
* Maintain accuracy of stock code information within Sage X3, including lead-time, pricing, current supplier information, current purchase order data, chemical name, chemical grade etc.
* Use Sage X3 to manage, monitor and track inventory based on historical usage, forecasts, and incoming orders. Ensure SYSPRO parameters are maintained by monitoring minimum, maximum, safety, and current inventory levels; making recommendations to management for adjustments to levels.
* Monitor supplier performance by ensuring that product is delivered as scheduled and meets specifications; maintaining appropriate files and records of meetings with suppliers to ensure company requirements are met and that supplier is aware of their performance.
* Maintain services and office equipment by conferring with suppliers; monitoring and recording service agreements to ensure terms are met.
* Manage and arrange for routing vendor services to include copier services, area water leaks, pest control, cleaning services, etc.
* Assist internal and external customers by interpreting laws, policy, codes, and regulations pertaining to purchasing; answer inquiries both orally and in writing concerning purchasing operations.
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops and reviewing professional publications.
* Work with suppliers and PSG approved carriers to obtain the best freight option.
* Responsible for monitoring, managing, and completing appropriate paperwork for purchasing department credit card.
* Collect, file, and monitor all ISO, liability and insurance forms for suppliers.
* Monitor bill of ladings and confirm they are appropriately documented within the ERP system.
* Contribute to team effort by accomplishing other job related tasks as needed; enabling other workers to achieve their job objectives.
* To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Bachelor degree in business or related field or 3-5 years of experience
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to negotiate with various vendors
* Knowledge of logistics, finance, operations and vendors
* Excellent organizational skills with an ability to multi task
* Customer orientation
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint
Flow Polymers, LLC